Methow Valley Riding Unlimited, a long-standing non-profit organization in Winthrop, is excited to be hiring for an experienced administrative professional to support its working board and to lead its day-to-day administrative needs. This role encompasses all duties and responsibilities associated with the administration of a small non-profit organization.
This job will be performed primarily from home, with some hours being required at our office in Winthrop. The individual in this role will report directly to and support the Board of Directors. We are looking for an individual with significant experience overseeing the smoothoperations of a small non-profit or company. Applicants must be able to provide immediate leadership and support of our administrative needs on day one with minimal training. Candidates must be comfortable with self-direction and enjoy working solo. The best fit for this role will be hard-working, kind, love animals, and enjoy the rewards of supporting an all-volunteer working board and in ensuring organizational success.
The individual in this role will:
● Manage all administrative and operational activities of the organization and support the administrative and operational needs of the Board of Directors.
● Manage all external communications and marketing efforts, including drafting content, and managing updates, posts, and delivery of external communicationsvia e-news, social media platforms, and website.
● Coordinate events, meetings, and communications for board and organization,including with donors, constituents, stakeholders, volunteers, employees, boardmembers, etc.
● Oversee and support fundraising efforts for the organization, including supporting grant applications and reporting, running regular/ongoing large fundraising efforts organized by other organizations, ongoing outreach and donor relations with longtime and new supporters. Responsibilities in these arenas will include suchthings as tracking donations and maintaining notes and data in Salesforce, writing and mailing thank you notes, managing month-long donor pushes inspring, fall, and year-end, updating social media during same, developing and disseminating e-newsletters, organizing board and volunteers to increase fundraising success, etc.
● Oversee planning and preparation of board meetings, trainings, and retreats, as well as ensuring individual board action items are tracked and executed.
● Provide all administrative support to ensure program success, including registration, lesson and event scheduling, payment, obtaining and trackingwaivers and forms, tracking of participant information and payments (includingscholarship and other restricted fund balances),
● Oversee basic office operations as needed (telephone, office machines, postage,mail, checking messages, maintaining office space, etc.)
● Other as directed by the Board.
Requirements of Applicants:
● Experience working with Boards and/or community volunteers in a non-profit setting for a minimum of three years required.
● Minimum of three years experience supporting non-profit fundraising efforts required.
● Candidates must be proficient with and comfortable working in Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, and Forms. Strong preference for experience working with Canva or similar graphicdesign and photo editing programs.
● Candidates must possess a minimum of three years of experience withmarketing and/or donor communications, including with e-newsletter delivery programs, website updates, thank you communications/notes, social mediaupdates and campaigns,
● Fundraising and donor management will be a key component of this person’s job. Candidates must have experience supporting board directed fundraising efforts,
● Candidates should be comfortable with being creative and have some experience developing simple graphic designs and editing of photos for use in marketing campaigns and social media.
Hours: This position is approximately 10-20 hours per week now through February 2022. It is expected that hours will increase by at least 10 hours per week beginning March 2022 and continuing up through October 2022 as our programs and staff increase during the summer and early-fall months. This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
Compensation: Competitive compensation, depends upon experience.
To apply: Please download and complete our Employment Application found below and email it, along with your resume and a cover letter detailing the experience, skills, or other qualifications that you believe make you the right match for this position, and desired pay rate to firstname.lastname@example.org